Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wahid on June 29, 1998 at 14:58:41:

My 96 Contour had Michelin XW4 (195/70-14 S). They rode smooth, but had poor dry
traction. They also did not handle very good.

I got them traded for Dunlop D60A2 (195/65-14 H - OEM Size). While they
had very good traction, the ride was very harsh. Then I got Michelin MX4 (195/64-14 T).
Both the Dunlop D60A2 & MX4 had vibration problems. They both were round & balanced.

The vibration problem I am having starts at about 50 mph. It is very noticeable on
smooth pavement. It also sounds like one of the tire is out of round, but as I said
all of the tires are perfectly round. My brake rotos are also fine. I dont get any
vibrations when I brake. I even replaced by AR rims with my factory steel rims, but
the problem is still there.

The only thing I can think of is maybe one of the hubs is bad. It is also possible
that the taller & softer XW4 took out much of the vibrations. I am thinking about going
back to 195/70-14 S tires. Will BF Goodrich Touring T/A SR4 give me better traction &
handling, yet comfortable ride like Michelin XW4? May be Firestones FR680?

BF Goodrich also makes 195/64-14 H Touring T/A HR4 - Contours original size, but I
suspect that I might still have vibration problems.

Please Please Help!

Thanks.

Wahid.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.