Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe on June 30, 1998 at 15:52:02:

In Reply to: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!! posted by Justin on June 30, 1998 at 11:29:28:

I have a similar situation. I just purchased 4 Dunlop D65 tires for my Tbird (94). The tires
seem great except I get a vibration at 65-70 mph. The car was aligned when I got the new tires and the tires have now been balanced three times trying to get rid of the problem. The tire store is now telling me that one of the wheels (Tbird OE alloys) is slightly out of round and that's the problem - so they put that wheel on the rear thinking that would help but I still have the problem. Incidentally, their way of testing the wheel was to put it on the balancer and hold a piece of chalk up to it while it spun. They then told me to look at where the chalk line was skipping and said that's what told them the wheel was bad. I did not have this problem with the Firestone FR680 tires that were on the car just prior to the Dunlops so I find it hard to believe this problem is wheel related. They (a tire chain) say there is nothing wrong with the new Dunlops but I can't help but wonder if I have at least one bad new tire. What do you think?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.