Re: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Justin on June 30, 1998 at 17:21:37:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!! posted by Joe on June 30, 1998 at 15:52:02:

Well, honestly, I think you are being jerked around. If they put it on a balancer and
then showed you where their chalk was skipping, I would think that shows where the wheel
needs a wheel weight, not where your wheel is bad. When they switched the tire/wheel from
the front to the back, did you notice the vibration moving from the front to the rear as
well? If so, you probably have a bad tire, and I would contact Dunlop directly, since the
tire chain seems reluctant to address your problem. Their website is http://www.dunloptire.com.
There is also an outside chance that your wheel IS bent, but only if you hit a curb or a
large pothole. And since the vibration didn't show up until you replaced the tires, I'd say
its a very outside chance.

There's also a chance that part of your suspension is worn. I'm assuming you have at least
60,000 miles on the car, given the age and that you just replaced the OEM tires. There may
be wear in the tie rod ends or ball joints, which are normal wear items. I would investigate
the tire issue first, either at a different tire store or with Dunlop directly, and then
investigate the suspension wear.

Good luck.

Justin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bad Michelin MX4 ? -PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.