Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin V's to Dunlop H's for Acura CL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wes on May 27, 1999 at 17:39:05:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin V's to Dunlop H's for Acura CL posted by carlos on May 27, 1999 at 17:11:15:

There is a difference between a cheap tire and an Hrated tire. If I remember correctly, our debate is over whether Hrated tires are appropriate for a car with OE Vrated tires when the driver does not intend to drive it at high speeds. You appear to be twisting the point of our discussion. I agree that cheap tires are bad and do cause accidents but there was never the point of our original debate. In the example you gave with your wife's car, perhaps the tires were defective (why were they on sale? maybe they were stored too long and the rubber has aged and hardened) or perhaps they were not mounted correctly. The fact that your car is 'all over the road' indicated they might not have been balanced right. And I also agree if you intend to race someone or to drive fast, then you should get the right equipment, Vrated tires but in the case of the Acura CL, I think the person is only interested in decent touring tires for everyday driving and a good quality Hrated tire like the Dunlop D60A2 should be adequate. I don't think putting on such a tire would cause the car to skid and drive dangerously. Again please check your owners' manual, I do believe they allow the choice of less aggressive tires to suit more conservative driving styles.

PS - I do not encourage racing on public roads even when you are tempted or provoked by 'idiots' It is this sort of behaviour which cause accidents. A good driver should show self control and good judgement. When you are being provoked to race against others in the street, you already shown me you lose your cool and that can have dangerous consequences no matter what car you drive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin V's to Dunlop H's for Acura CL

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.