Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on April 18, 1999 at 13:12:33:

In Reply to: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000 posted by Bill on April 12, 1999 at 19:17:49:

These 2 tires are really in different classes. The RE71's are ultra-high performance
tires while the P6000's are only high performance tires. The RE71's are cheaper, but you'll
get fewer miles out of them ... one list member on the 240sx mailing list only got 10k miles
out of his RE71's. However, I got 32k miles out of my P6000's on my 240. While the RE71's
will definitely give you better dry traction, I found the P6000's to have awesome wet
traction and good dry traction. The P6000's were also exceptionally quiet. They were also
very tough tires for me as I would knowingly drive over broken glass and other sharp debris,
but never had a puncture and I typically had to add air to them at worst once every 2 or 3
months. I personally found the P6000 to be an excellent combination of dry grip, wet grip,
low noise, and wear. I would have gotten another set except I wanted the most dry traction
that I could buy for my money, so I wound up with Yoko AVS Intermediates ... but I highly
recommend the P6000's from my experience. I hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.