Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on April 23, 1999 at 11:04:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000 posted by Bill on April 20, 1999 at 15:15:03:

Bill, surprisingly, I find that the Yoko AVS-I's are not that noisy. I was expecting these
tires to be quite noisy, but surprised me on how quiet they actually are (these tires
*literally* put the D60A2 JLB 205/60's we had on our '94 Altima to shame). The rain
traction hasn't too bad with these tires either ... again somewhat surprising. Of course,
their dry traction is awesome, however, I've found out that you get peak traction from
them only if you heat them up some (which plain highway driving doesn't sufficiently do),
but these were for winter conditions however (temps in the high 30's to low 40's). I'd
imagine that this wouldn't be a problem in warmer climates. The only other problem I can
think of is their stiff sidewalls. The ride harshness increased significantly with these
tires because their sidewalls absorbed a LOT less of impacts, but these tires are also Z
speed rated while my P6000's were only H speed rated, so this would definitely have an
effect on ride quality. However, you can also pick these tires up for pretty cheap at
Tire Rack too, but not as cheap as RE71's or P6000's however. A good tire for the money
IMHO.
As for the Michelin's, I'm not sure. I'm a college student on a budget, so Michelin's
are typically out of my price range for the type of tire I want. However, Tire Rack
compared them to Yoko A520's and Eagle HP Ultra's. You can check out the test at:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/highperflowprice.htm
Tire Rack used a GS300 in this test which isn't exactly a lightweight either.

I hope this helps some!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.