Re: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on April 23, 1999 at 19:25:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000 posted by Dan on April 23, 1999 at 11:04:59:

Sounds like the Yoko AVS-Is stick like glue. I had similar experiences with Yokos when I used to own an Acura Integra. For my needs now, however, I think I can get enought dry grip with either the RE71s, the Pilot SX-GTs, or the P6000s, so rain performance plays a role in my decision too. I live in MN and only need the summer tires 6 months a year. Since I have 170K on the Audi, I figure I will only need summer tires another 20K or so before the car is sold/dies. (I am gunning for 200K on the car!)

I see that you use to have the H speed rated Pirellis. The expensive ones I was talking about are Z speed rated. Do you think there is a difference btwn. the two versions of P6000 that I would notice? I got kind of spoiled with my old Z speed rated Continental CZ91s. There were terrific on dry, rain and were quiet to boot. After having these, I don't see why anyone would want to settle for touring tires, unless they want to save a few bucks. But I guess not everyone is as performance oriented as we are. I figure that the only thing holding me on the road are the four contact patches of the tires, so I don't want to get too cheap here!

Thanks again for your help Dan.

Bill

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Potenza RE71 vs. P6000

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.