Re: Re: FIREHAWK SZ50 vs. PIRELLI P7000SS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frank on December 06, 1997 at 23:16:45:

In Reply to: Re: FIREHAWK SZ50 vs. PIRELLI P7000SS posted by Lance on December 04, 1997 at 23:53:52:

I purchased a set of Firestone SZ 50s for my 1994 Corvette last October with about 25,000 miles on the car. The tires I had before were the original Goodyear GS-Cs and probably had another 3,000 miles left on them.

I now have 36,000 miles on the car and the rear tires are just about at the wear indicators and appear to have "flat spotted." Nothing has changed in my driving habits between the time I had the original tires and these.

One other thing to keep in mind. When new, they had a better ride and better cold weather and wet traction than the Goodyears. Now that they are worn, they are considerably worse.

This may be unique to this type of car since the tire sizes are quite large and there's a lot of torque and horsepower which I like to take advantage of every chance I get.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: FIREHAWK SZ50 vs. PIRELLI P7000SS

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.