Re: Re: MXV4 v. AVS v. AVID v. GY Aquatred

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BarryBolts on September 01, 1999 at 23:23:49:

In Reply to: Re: MXV4 v. AVS v. AVID v. GY Aquatred posted by Yoko Fan on September 01, 1999 at 18:04:29:

Thanks for the info Yoko Fan, might you be a Yoko Rep? ;-)

Don't worry about the car, it loves rpms, Hondas run like sewing machines, and i really didn't expect you to tell me to speed up, so you can sleep at night. ;-) but, you can tell a lot about the precision of products as they are stressed.

Anyhow, have been looking at the Yokohama AVID, AVS S4-V, Michelin Pilot, Goodyear Aquatred and the Pirelli 7000 SuperSport.

I drive approx 45k miles a year through a lot of bad weather so i was concerned about water dispersion, but dry weather performance is also key. I know the Aquatreds are great, a friend had them and they were very good in inclement weather but i got a chance to ride them hard. The Pilots seem to have the deepest channels and look like the most prepared. I'm not sure, the problem is the Mich MXV4 Energy that came with the car are 195x65 15 (and overly expensive) and i think i'm going to go with the Yoko AVS S4-V 205x60 15. The MXV4 got hot and were soft in turns after about 10 minutes of high speed. One thing i'll say for Michelins, they last forever. I used to go through two sets of Pirellis in the time Michelins last, Conti's have been good too. What is the rubber compung on the AVS like? I'm thinking that a V rated tire with the lower profile may hold up better, the Z tire is overkill until more mods are made to the car. Maybe its time to take the Yokohama plunge.

ps: the problem on the road today is not speed, it's lack of driver communication, failure to pay attention and plain common courtesy that cause most accidents. talk to your insurance company about drunks and drug addicts, over 70, under 23, egomaniacs and the terminally uncoordinated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: MXV4 v. AVS v. AVID v. GY Aquatred

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.