Re: MXV4 v. AVS v. AVID v. GY Aquatred

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yoko Fan on September 01, 1999 at 18:04:29:

In Reply to: MXV4 v. AVS v. AVID v. GY Aquatred posted by BarryBolts on August 30, 1999 at 21:25:27:

To answer the question AVS are a more high performance tire than the AVID's although the AVID T4's could be better if you drive any in bad weather. They are 4 season rated. If you only need a 3 season tire(no winters) The AVS Intermediate is a good choice but most V or Z rated tires are going to come in a 16/17 inch configuration. I think you can get AVS Intermediates in some 14in sizes which is the size the Accord comes with I believe. Check out drivers door for tire info wheel size or manual. You have to stay with the original circumference or your speedo will be off as well as handling characterisics. If you drive 120/mph often. You drive toooo fast.... :<) You must be peddling awfully hard but, if you insist you need at least a T rated(118/mph) or H rated(130/mph) tire. I wouldn't worry about tread life at 120/mph your engine will probably go before tires but keep them fresh anyway.
Below are the speed ratings you can use. Got them from tire rack web site. All in all I would slow down a bit and enjoy the ride on a nice set of AVID's. They are very smooth and have very good tread wear as well as decent handling.

Q=99 MPH, 160km/h V=149 MPH, 240km/h
S=112 MPH, 180km/h W=168 MPH, 270km/h
T=118 MPH, 190km/h Y=186 MPH, 300km/h
U=124 MPH, 200km/h Z=149 MPH, 240km/h and over
H=130 MPH, 210km/h

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: MXV4 v. AVS v. AVID v. GY Aquatred

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.