Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reversal>whitewall in-blackwall out.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DAVID on August 29, 1999 at 09:51:17:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reversal>whitewall in-blackwall out. posted by Mr. Parsegian on August 28, 1999 at 02:37:49:

First off let's make clear that the second post signed David is not the same David that first responded to your question. Although it's probably not that far off from how I would have responded myself. Removing the hostilities from our conversation, what information did I provide that "conflicts with information on tires that are non ratational" ???? There are few, very few, tires that have construction that prohibit the reversal on a wheel. And by that do you mean reversal in direction of rotation as well? There are cases where you could have reversal on a wheel and not change the direction of rotation. (I could explain later if you can't picture that one)
What part of my original answer is contraditory to enginering principals. An engineering Quandry???? This ain't rocket science or brain surgury, while at the same time most people don't give enough credit to the amount of engineering & technology that actualy does go into tires. People pay $150 for a pair of Nike's but still want to buy 4 tires for $99.
What does a tire with 2 white sidewalls have to do with it either, I stated nothing that would create the need for such a product(there are several reasons tires are not built that way) I said you can change the direction of rotation on today's radial tires unless there is a design requirement that indicates otherwise and these are usually clearly marked on the tires sidewall with either "direction of rotation" or "this side out".

Let's simplify this process. Why don't you provide the Brand, Style or model, size and current mileage of your tires as well as the make, model & mileage of vehicle and I'll give my humble opinion as to if what you are trying to accomplish is wise and or worthwhile. Then we can move on.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: reversal>whitewall in-blackwall out.

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.