Re: Michelin Rainforce MX4 - Comments?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wes on March 27, 1998 at 17:49:33:

In Reply to: Michelin Rainforce MX4 - Comments? posted by Jonathan E. Schneeweis on March 27, 1998 at 15:26:09:

As far as objective tire data goes, get a Consumer Reports with all that stuff. In fact, in their last tire test the Energy MXV4 scored the highest. They haven't tested the Rainforce yet.

I will say that Rainforce MX4's are great tires. They handle well, are quiet, and resist hydoplaning and have excellent snow traction. I bought 185/75/14's.

They use the same techology as the MXV4, but wear longer and are more of an all season tire than a performance tire. The MXV4 are more of a performance, or touring tire than all season.

The difference between the new MX4 and MXV4 are they are made out of a totally new rubber compound. They stay soft in the snow, like snow tires, for excellent traction. People who have had the old versions have said they are terrible in the snow. Michelin corrected that problem with the new generation.

Hope I helped.

Wes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin Rainforce MX4 - Comments?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.