Michelin Rainforce MX4 - Comments?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jonathan E. Schneeweis on March 27, 1998 at 15:26:09:

Well, I recently picked out two pair of 185R14's for my 1989 Volvo 240DL Wagon oem fitment. I was curious to hear what other people think of these tires. 185R's are difficult to find, with the 5.5 inch rims the Tirerack (where I bought the MX4's from for $54/tire) rightly suggested a pair of 205/70-14's but I was not entirely sure that the width would clear the rear fenders under hard corning. These are such high profile fitments and I get quite alot understeer and sidewall roll with any lateral force. I have not had the tires installed yet, so I cannot speak from experience about the Michelins, but the Mastercraft buggers that the dealer put on the car (bought it used 10 months ago) are really sloppy - on dry pavement! This is unacceptable. The wagon is such a large heavy car that with its rear-wheel drive I could make the rear end break loose on dry pavement at ~40MPH. No four wheel slide here )-: I am hoping the MX4's will do better. Also what is the difference between the Rainforce MX4, the regular MX4, and the MXV4? So I welcome any and all comments, but please copy to email jxs457@psu.edu as I don't get back here all that often. Also, I think we could all benefit if people would post some information on where to look up objective tire test results. Owner recommendation is great, but some quantifiable data would be helpful.

Sincerely,
Jonathan E. Schneeweis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Michelin Rainforce MX4 - Comments?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.