Re: Re: Re: Pirelli Winter Ice vs Michelin xm+s alpin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by eg on January 21, 1999 at 18:24:21:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Pirelli Winter Ice vs Michelin xm+s alpin posted by Mike on January 19, 1999 at 15:42:01:

I do not know anyone who has used the Directionale, but I use the Assimmetricos on my other car. I far as I know the compounds are the same the only major difference is a large outer rib on the Assimmetricos for heavier vehicles. They are new to me this winter but so far feel very similar to the older P210s. So far some improvement in the snow traction although no real experience in ice yet. I live in Vancouver, BC, too much rain. As far as wear it should be equal if not better to any other tire around. Two negatives though, it is a harder compound than most so it will sacrifice some grip. In addition, the hard compound does translate to a firmer ride and increased noise. The Pirelli should be your choice if you choose performance over ultimate grip and some comfort.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pirelli Winter Ice vs Michelin xm+s alpin

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.