Re: Re: Pirelli Winter Ice vs Michelin xm+s alpin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike on January 19, 1999 at 15:42:01:

In Reply to: Re: Pirelli Winter Ice vs Michelin xm+s alpin posted by eg on January 18, 1999 at 23:45:55:

eg,

I live in Montreal Canada and our highways get pretty much cleared up with in a day or two. As a result, the roads are wet with some traces of slush and ice. However, in the y the small streets in the city are still cover with semi loose to hard pack snow and possibly ice.
Then again, yesturday we had mild weather with lots of rain. I believe I don't have to explain what the roads look like today.

The W210P or Asimmetrico series by pirelli would have been ideal because of it speed rating (H). But unfortunately they don't carry it in my size 185/60r 14. This is why I'm limited to the "Q" rated tires (winter ice directional or the michelin xm+s alpins).

Regarding the ice directinal, is this something you've heard of that they were good or does someone you know have them.

By the way check out what Frederick had to say.

Thanks for your support.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Pirelli Winter Ice vs Michelin xm+s alpin

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.