Re: Nokian Test Information

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Honest Abe on November 01, 1999 at 23:36:26:

In Reply to: Nokian Test Information posted by Slippin' and Slidin' on November 01, 1999 at 14:39:06:

I got the test data via Email. It only took Morrie a week to send it.

Now that I've got it, here is my conclusions

1. Reviews seem always to place Hakka Q at the top, but not always number 1.
2. It seems to always be in the top 3, others are usually Michelin Maxi Ice (probably europes name for Artic Apline - looks the same,the Blizzak MZ-2 and Contiential Viking.
3. Appears to have the best wear.
4. Looks like the best for snow.
5. Usually second to Blizzak MZ-2 for ice.
6. Studdless tires usually get 7-8 out of 10 for Ice compared to Studded tires like the Hakka 1 that get a 10.
7. Probably the best buy based on performance/wear.
8. Tests were missing a lot of other common tires in USA (Yoko, Toyo, Dunlop, etc). Only common tires were Michlin and Bridgestone.
9. Get the data or wait for the Web post, there are to many factors to simply say which is best.

Two other important things....A. this tire is NOT far better than anything else as some jokers have posted. Its probably the best, but not out of reach of others.
B. Morrie gave me some studded info as well. If snow and ice (particularly ice) is your main concern Hakka 1 is the tire (studded).

If I was to buy what I thought was the best tire to get through my conditions (ice), it would probably be Hakka 1 studded to spec (actually another Fin or Sweden Studded tire
got a better review, but I've never seen it sold here.

Anyway Morrie provided me an "honest" set of test data - hats off to him.

Too mad we couldn't get more tests with some of the more common tire here (Toyo, Yoko, Prelli, Dunlop, etc)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Nokian Test Information

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.