Re: Noisy Energy MXV4 Plus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vin on October 02, 1999 at 01:55:37:

In Reply to: Noisy Energy MXV4 Plus posted by Jack Doe on October 01, 1999 at 01:46:24:

I've always found the OEM Michelins on my Accords to be noisy. The "thing" about the MXV line is that is is constructed of a special casing that allows the footprint (contact patch) to remain relatively the same even with a variance in air psi.
It seems this stiffer casing acts as an echo chamber and builds up to almost a roar by the time you're going highway speeds. That been my experience with the Michelins on my last 4 Accords. I'm a big fan of the Dunlop D60 A2. They're the perfect compliment to the Accords sporty demeanor.
Not only are they grippier than the standard Michelins, they're quieter to. I've also found them to be more resistant to hydroplaning as well. However, they're not a true all season tire. If you live in the north east where snow piles on the roads, they're probably not for you. I live in PA
but use separate steel rims with dedicated snows so I can enjoy the benefits of a more agresive tire in the summer. Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Noisy Energy MXV4 Plus

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.