Re: Snow Tires-need recommendations: Anyone heard of Hercules Polar Trax, Hankook w401?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawn on September 30, 1999 at 16:34:51:

In Reply to: Snow Tires-need recommendations: Anyone heard of Hercules Polar Trax, Hankook w401? posted by Derek on September 29, 1999 at 17:29:30:

Hi Derek, You're comparing apples and oranges here. The Michelin and BFG are both high end snow tires. They are both very very good snow tires for all conditions. However, not everyone can afford high end products like these. The Hercules polar trax is a very dependable functional snow tire that is manufactured by Cooper tire. The design has always proved to be reliable in most conditions. Bottom line is if you can afford the Michelins and you think you'll find yourself driving in adverse conditions a lot, then I'd recommend them. If on the other hand you drive mostly when the snow has been cleared then the Hercules are certainly a better value for you. I'm not real familiar with the Hancook line other than the fact that its an offshore brand and I tend to stay away from those.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Snow Tires-need recommendations: Anyone heard of Hercules Polar Trax, Hankook w401?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.