Re: Can you break radial sidewalls?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on September 03, 1999 at 13:49:16:

In Reply to: Can you break radial sidewalls? posted by Kevin M. on September 02, 1999 at 18:27:05:

While it is possible to "break" a sidewall under extreem conditions (impact fro example) I don't think that is what you are feeling. I believe what you feel is your exceeding the cornering capability of your tires. On some tires there is a less than smooth transition from ever increasing cornering force to decreasing cornering force as the slip angle increases. You will almost certainly find increased cornering capability if you increase the inflation to 35 you may also feel a bigger sudden feel of loss of grip.

My advise is that you shouldn't be pushing your tires that hard on the street. That's not responsible driving. Save it for the track.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Can you break radial sidewalls?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.