Re: Question for Yoko Fan...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Yoko Fan on August 19, 1999 at 16:31:09:

In Reply to: Question for Yoko Fan... posted by LK on August 18, 1999 at 21:52:05:

I haven't had any problems with handling on Yokohama's. I don't race but I like to take the exit/entrance ramps faster than most. It's the only place you can do the speed limit and get a rush out of cornering! Tires vary greatly based on size and construction of tire even within brand names. I have posted before concerning why I choose Yokohama's. I never go looking for a particular brand. It just seems that I always wind up with Yokohama's. I do include price in my consideration but, I go for high end features. Mileage, ride, etc. I don't think the average driver on a public road ever pushes his car to a point that even a poor handling tire would make much of a difference. Some would like to beleive that they are professional race drivers but fact is they "ARE NOT!" As with any product there are bad ones and good ones. If you check the posts on this board you'll not find any complaints about Yokohama tires(A good sign). Also I have found that people too ofter accept the most expensive of any product as the "best" just because they cost more. Michellin's cost the most. I would not expect to find any bad posts about them either which to the most part is true except they always seem to pop up as a hard riding tire. Try to get someone to admit the Mercedes is a hard riding car! It is! It is a German design. What's the difference in "firm" or "hard"? My opinion is Lincoln or Cadillac is best riding car. Michellins also have more tread than other brands which could explain the reported longer tread life(also would explain hard ride).
I am no authority on wet handling tires. Personally I think it is irresponsible and foolish to drive fast on wet roads. I don't care how much you spend on performance tires! I have a pretty hot old IROC Camaro and it will do loops on a dry surface much less wet. Show me a good handling tire at 150mph in the rain.

Yokohama has consistantly met or exceeded my expectations for different tires I have needed.
My preference in order= Ride, dry handling, price, wet handling, mileage, appearance.

WOW! I didn't know I could spell all those big words! Just my opinion

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Question for Yoko Fan...

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.