Weird Goodyear Eagle GA experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Onanian on February 27, 1999 at 10:21:12:

I have a 97 Grand Am SE sport package with the stock Goodyear Eagle GA 205/55r16s on it.
I've been looking around, and people say they've gotten anywhere from 20000 miles to 50k
on them.

I am at 55k, with a good 20k of tread left, and I drive like a maniac. My car governs at
105, and I regularly do that on the 25mile highway ride from my girlfriend's to my place.
There's a couple hairpin turns that I regularly spin 'em up all the way thru, and of
course I burn them when coming off a red light.

My problem, though, is that they're falling apart and blowing up. I had one blow up on me,
and two are cracking and seperating where the tread meets the sidewall. Has anyone else
had similar problems? They're rated for 112, so supposedly, they shouldn't be having this
problem. Could it be that their life is over, and they just aren't 55,000 or 70,000 mile
tires?

Also..I've found the snow traction to be awful, compared to every tire I had on my
previous car. Would that just be the car? I had an 87 cadillac deville.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Weird Goodyear Eagle GA experience

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.