Re: Re: Dunlop SP8000, Michelin XGT V4/H4, Dunlop SP4000, Yokohama Avid V4, or Comp T/A ZR???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on September 20, 1997 at 10:09:19:

In Reply to: Re: Dunlop SP8000, Michelin XGT V4/H4, Dunlop SP4000, Yokohama Avid V4, or Comp T/A ZR??? posted by robmoz on September 16, 1997 at 18:05:51:

I'm a little confused. Some one has partiality towards a particular brand of manufaturer and they are accused of ulterior motives? If someone has owned only Ford products their entire life what have they done wrong? I'll bet they would recomend a particular model for a specific need if you asked and it would be a Ford! If someone has a favorite sports team and no matter their standings, 14&0 or 0&14 they will defend them and go to their games no matter what!

It would appear to me that if you come to this site with a question you should be prepared for responses of any type. If not, you should ask someone in private that you expect to get the response you are looking for.

YES> I AM BIAS TOWARDS DUNLOP PRODUCTS, IT HAS BEEN MY FORTUNATE EXPIRIENCE TO HAVE SAMPLED MORE BRANDS OF TIRES SO FAR THAN MOST PEOPLE WILL IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE. AND I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. THERFORE IT IS BASED ON PERSONAL BELIEF, BACKED WITH ACTUAL EXPIRIENCE THAT I MAKE MY COMMENTS IN REPLY TO OTHERS QUESTIONS.

ARE THERE OTHER MANUFATURERS OF TIRES THAT ARE AS GOOD AS DUNLOP, YES, IN CERTAIN MODELS AND FOR INDIVIDUAL FEATURES, OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY FOR EACH DIFFERENT TIRE. BUT OVERALL, EACH DUNLOP PRODUCT THAT I HAVE EXPIRIENCED IS A BETTER OVERALL VALUE BASED ON THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT. WILL COMPARABLE TIRES IN A SPECIFIC TYPE DO SOMETHING BETTER THAT ANOTHER>YES. IF YOU HAVE 3 HIGH PERFORMANCE TIRES WILL ONE HANDLE IN THE DRY BETTER THAN THE OTHERS, WILL ONE PERFORM BETTER IN THE WET THAT ANOTHER, AND WILL ONE HAVE BETTER RIDE QUALITY OR LOWER NOISE LEVELS, AGAIN>YES. BUT AT WHAT TRADE OFF? I DON'T PERSONALY DON'T WANT A TIRE THATS QUIETER OR BETTER IN THE DRY AT THE SACRAFICE OF WET ABILITY, OR ONE THATS GREAT IN THE WET BUT HANDLES SLOPPILY AND IS NOISY EITHER. DUNLOP HAS PRODUCTS THAT FIT THE NEEDS OF THE VEHICLE, ISN'T THAT WHY PEOPLE BY A PARTICULAR MODEL, THEY LIKE THE WAY IT HANDLES, LOOKS, RIDES, FEELS, ETC. ETC. ???

And pricy isn't an accurate staement unless you are comparing apples to apples. As well, have you ever heard "you get what you pay for"?

Think about it and then decide if you ready for factualy based comments and conversation about the questions you and others ask when you enter an open forum such as this.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Dunlop SP8000, Michelin XGT V4/H4, Dunlop SP4000, Yokohama Avid V4, or Comp T/A ZR???

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.