Re: Minivan replacement tires- HELP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on September 12, 1997 at 06:46:17:

In Reply to: Minivan replacement tires- HELP posted by Batya on September 11, 1997 at 12:50:28:

You are really looking at your options. And tires for a minivan are a tough choice, but you did mention a tire that I have had great expirience with and has provided great service, as well it is OE on a minivan so has some track record directly related to your application. The Dunlop D65. OE on the Mazda MPV. I have just put a second set on my wifes car. 1st set got about 70/k miles, not bad for a hard driven, worn out, tire eating Taurus. The D60A2 does not come in my size nor do I think it will come in one for a minivan, more of a touring/performance sedan tire. But the D65 has proven to be an excellent alternative. As far as it performance capabilities, it's very comfortable and confident in wet conditions, and quiet too. It's handling is surprising for a "S" rated tire. I have a "Z" rated tire on my car and I do not feel uncomfortable when driving on the D65's. I travel and rent cars frequently, so have a chance to drive on many different tires, I haven't found any other comparable tires that I feel match the abilities of the D65's.

Hope that helps.

Mail order is not a bad way to go. Just make sure you have a quality local dealer who will install them for you and not charge alot extra because you didn't but them from them.

Check out the Dunlop web site: dunloptire.com and for mail order go to tirerack.com.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Minivan replacement tires- HELP

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.