Re: Canadian Tire "NORDIC ICETRAC or NORDIC WINTERTRAC" Snow Tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Allan on October 18, 1998 at 13:09:42:

In Reply to: Canadian Tire "NORDIC ICETRAC or NORDIC WINTERTRAC" Snow Tires? posted by AJ on October 17, 1998 at 00:52:16:

I was wondering who was making these tires too. I was looking at them also, and the current sale price makes them attractive. I like the appearance of these better than the Firestone WinterFire which are similarly priced. Without tests of some kind, and the limited information, it is pretty hard to determine what you are getting.

I would say though that the Nordics have much larger blocks between sipes than say a Bridgestone or Yokohoma. It seems to me, that the rubber on the Nordic is MUCH stiffer/harder than the Bridgestone and Yoko, which would lead me to believe that they will not have as good a grip, but certainly longer tread life. Then again they cost 50% more....

I guess it is a matter of what you want, and what you want to pay.... I expect any snow tire will be better performing than an all season.

So far the best price on Bridgestone that I have found is at Sears and they have the WS-15 and MZ02.....

My thoughts......

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Canadian Tire "NORDIC ICETRAC or NORDIC WINTERTRAC" Snow Tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.