Replacing a cracking SR 19.5, 12 ply R.V. tire, Michelin, Dunlop and Bridgestone under consideration ->

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rod on September 19, 1998 at 23:28:38:

Currently using Michelin tires. I’ve had some side wall checking problems, with them. And warranty did not satisfactorily replace them, since there was very little mileage on the tires. I’m looking to replace them with Michelin, Dunlop or Bridgestone tires.

Has anyone had premature cracking problems with any of these tire brands? Should I go with a 12 ply rating, but fewer plys?

As far as I know, I've been following appropriate storage and maintenance guidelines, and keeping the air pressure up at recommended levels.

Has anyone else had premature cracking and checking of the sidewall problem? Is my experience standard with Michelin, or am I just out of the ordinary?. Any suggestions?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Replacing a cracking SR 19.5, 12 ply R.V. tire, Michelin, Dunlop and Bridgestone under consideration ->

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.