Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin Pilot MXM 205/50/ZR16 tires on Volvo 850 T

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by paul elliott on August 13, 1998 at 13:36:40:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Michelin Pilot MXM 205/50/ZR16 tires on Volvo 850 T posted by Dan on July 25, 1998 at 19:34:40:

Like you, I have a '95 854T, meaning that we have the under hood DLC (data link connector)
with which we can 'communicate' with our ECUs...Now, while its very true that because
the 55 series tires go 24.9" in diameter vs the 205/50-16s which are 24.1", the gearing
change is such that > 3% error is applied to the speedo, and acceleration takes a hit,
I've also read that its possible through the DLC, to 'tell' the speedo of our tire size
and the speedo will recalibrate for the 3% error.....I place no credence in this because
it came from a forum member who I do not know...Still, even if that were true, I dont
know how they could translate the change in gearing so as to achieve the same effective
accleration with the 55 series as we have with the 50..So, to me its not that important..
Still, I was wondering if you had ever heard this?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin Pilot MXM 205/50/ZR16 tires on Volvo 850 T

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.