Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barb on July 29, 1998 at 21:48:20:

My 1996 Ford Explorer Sport came with Goodyear Wrangler RT/S -- P/235/75R15 tires on it. I only have 29,400 miles on them. About a year ago, the tires started going "bup, bup, bup." Local GY guy said it was caused by "cupping" of the tires which apparently is something that is not visible to the naked eye. He said he'd only ever heard this bupping sound on Exporers. He rotated them and no more bupping! Just recently the bupping started again. Yesterday they rotated them again. As I drove away from the GY dealer, I no longer heard "bup, bup, bup"..... Instead, I heard "BUP, BUP, BUP!" I wasn't able to return to GY dealer, but am going to tomorrow. I imagine they will tell me I didn't rotate them often enough. That's true, but can that be the whole reason for the now very BUPPING I'm hearing? The tread by the way looks practically brand new. The tires have worn like cast iron (and given about as soft a ride!). Do I have any recourse -- or are they just going to tell me I'll have to buy new tires if I can't stand the noise???? Thanks for any help on this! (And if I must buy new tires, any suggestions on ones that would give a softer ride?)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.