Re: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick on September 21, 1998 at 17:05:45:

In Reply to: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY! posted by Mark on August 02, 1998 at 17:26:14:

Hi Barb. I have the same tires on my 92 Toyota 4x4 w/ the same problem. Your GY guy is right. If you lightly run the palm of your hand over the tires, you'll feel the cupping. It has been expplained to me that it's because of improper balancing. Since I've dirven nothing but 4x4s most of my life, I think it has something to do with the suspension of a 4x4. I religiously rotate my tires every 5,000 mi. No matter the tire, the same thing condition seems to appear at around 30,000 mi. If there's a tire that can avoid the cupping, I'd like to know about it. Let me know if you hear anything.
Nick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Goodyear tires are going "bup, bup, bup" very LOUDLY!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.