Re: Good muscle car tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Al on July 09, 1998 at 23:52:16:

In Reply to: Good muscle car tires? posted by Laszlo on July 08, 1998 at 12:55:19:

I have a '68 Buick GS 400 and have been wondering many of the same things. If you're at all interested in getting close to stock, there is a great web site which gives a lot of information on original tires (dimensions, tread width, etc). I'd pretty much decided on replacing my tires (245-60 r14) with 215-70r14 since they're closer to the original size. I really don't like the ride I'm getting on the wider tire right now. I can hardly feel the road. I'm glad to hear your comment about the small tire/big tire combo. I was thinking of just getting some narrower ones on the front but now I won't bother. For what it's worth I've decided on Goodyear Eagle GT IIs. They seem to be a decent tire and they look pretty good. My second choice is the Dunlop muscle car tire (can't remember it's name right now). Let me know what you decide.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Good muscle car tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.