Re: Re: Mazda MX-6 LS tire recommendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh Martin on June 17, 1998 at 16:05:06:

In Reply to: Re: Mazda MX-6 LS tire recommendations posted by MB on June 17, 1998 at 15:49:55:

Greetings.....wow...this is a perfect topic for me. I have a red '93 LS, stick of course, and have had plenty of troubles with tire selection. But I think I've figured it out. It originally came with Bridgestone RE71s. Great tire, but by the time I bought the car used, they were spent. So, I got the Dunlop SP4000s. Recommended by everyone and their brother as the end-all-be-all of all-season tires. Well, they were great in the dry, but absolutely SUCKED in the rain. I had the worst experiences of my life hydroplaning at 50 mph. So, after those wore out 22,000 miles later (thank God) I did some research and bought some Nitto 450s from Discount Tire Direct (see my post regarding these vs. the Dunlops vs. the Falkens further down the page). I have enjoyed these pretty much...they're more of a rain tire, and not bad in the dry (going straight) but the handling could be a little better. They're a 45k mi. tire, though, and all-season. The Falkens are also all-season, but only a 30k mi. tire with better dry traction. I could go on for days about tires and our car (obiously), but if you have more questions please ask! I've also started autocrossing, and could talk about that, too! Good luck, Josh

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Mazda MX-6 LS tire recommendations

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.