Re: tire selection '96 17 inch Mustang GT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alex on June 07, 1998 at 20:13:55:

In Reply to: tire selection '96 17 inch Mustang GT posted by Jeff on May 10, 1998 at 23:29:37:

I just went through a similar decision process. I have a 95 GT that was equipped with 17 inch wheels and Gatorbacks. I swapped rims and tires and ended up going through a mail order place called Elite One. After exhaustive research, the best price/performace/feedback comparison I came to was a decision between the Firehawk SZ50 and the P7000 Supersport. I ended up with the Pirelli's. Tirerack's performance tests had the Pirelli's beating the Firestone's in most cases. I have had the Pirelli's about a month and have found them to be much better than the Gatorback's in all respects except braking. What's better is that not only did they beat the Firestone's, but they are an all season tire so that the treadwear is rated much higher than other comparable price/performance choices. I would recommend the guys at Elite over any of the mail order places. In my research, I couldn't find anyone particularly happy with the BFG's.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: tire selection '96 17 inch Mustang GT

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.