Re: Toyo Proxes H4 vs. MXV4

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curt on May 22, 1998 at 17:59:02:

In Reply to: Toyo Proxes H4 vs. MXV4 posted by Dan on April 14, 1998 at 14:37:11:

I had a set of Michelin xgt-v4 on a 96 Acura GSR. I found them to be very noisy and really scary on wet roads. They have a soft sidewall for what are supposed to be performance tires. The right rear developed a bulge in the sidewall after only 5000 miles. Michelin claimed that I must have hit a curb hard enough to damage the tire and refused to stand behind their product. Their representatives treated me very badly thoughout the experience. I ended up replaceing the tire out of my own pocket. Michelin took the opportunity to charge me a premium of $210 for the one tire. I recently purchased an older Lincoln that had Michelin x tires on it. I replaced them with toyo 800 ultras and noticed an immediate, dramatic difference handling and ride quality. I have used toyo 600h4's before on a Z car and found them to be very quiet and stable. I heartily recommend Toyo tires. I would discourage anyone from buying any Michelin product.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Toyo Proxes H4 vs. MXV4

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.