Re: Re: Re: Re: Better SUV tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ron on December 02, 1997 at 23:37:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Better SUV tires? posted by David on December 02, 1997 at 06:15:32:

Do you have any experience using/selling the Michelin tires? The LTX M&S tires looked very interesting. The fine siping and soft tread looked like winners on ice (short of buying Nokias or Blizzaks), but they have a long tread-life guaranty and the salesman said they were the quietest LT tire they sell. Also claimed they have good dry performance.

The cleats on the Radial Rover A/T looked big and noisy. Also didn't have a very continuous set of edge cleats either, so I questioned the dry cornering. Of course the carcass (sidewalls etc) plays a big part in cornering, and I couldn't evaluate that.

I sure wish the BFG Long Trail was available in my size. The tread pattern sure looked interesting.

I couldn't find any B'stone dueler H/T locally (yet). Did see the Dueler APT at Sears. Generic trade-off tread pattern that looked usable in all weather. Nothing special, don't know about carcass. Sears lists "1,000 mile free test drive" - thats a thought...

I'd like to look at some Yoko' Geolanders. I think these have assymetric tread like the BFG Long Trail.

The Pirelli Scorpians might be workable, but I didn't see the S/T, only the Scorp' 1. Not too impressive looking, but might be misleading.

Kelly "Wild Spirit"? Haven't seen/don't know.

I'll post something after I buy and try.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better SUV tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.