Re: Re: Re: Better SUV tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on December 02, 1997 at 06:15:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Better SUV tires? posted by Ron on November 27, 1997 at 13:23:58:

Both. I have also been on these paticular tires in several vehicles, so my comments do not come blindly. The P-Metric is a good tire, but it leans towards the All Terrain segment of the market, not exactly what you described you were looking for. It would do most everything you are looking for, but the A/T would do it better. Don't let the mileage concern you in relation to receiving the other benifits you desire. It's a plus in this case. The handling and perforamnce of the tire rivals or betters any of it's equals form other brands. But if true performance is your main concern, you may want to take a look at the Sport Rover GTX, it is a "H" rated true light truck tire. Another improvement in handing capabilities and durability over standard light truck tires. It only comes in 70 & lower series, you would want to look at a 255/70-15, if your wheels are not wide enough for 255's you could look at the 235/70-15 but you will loose a little bit of overall diameter.

I agree with your past expiriences on some Dunlop product, but what is your most recent expirience? Current Dunlop product is probably the best they have produced in history. Give the current generation products a try.

I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have

D.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better SUV tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.