Re: What is the BEST tire?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on October 11, 1999 at 15:03:38:

In Reply to: What is the BEST tire? posted by Roger on October 09, 1999 at 00:11:54:

That question has been driving me a little crazy lately. I'm very happy with my car's original tires, but am having a tough time deciding what kind of winter tires to buy for it. There are so many factors and variables:

What kind of weather will we have for the next two or three winters? What is my driving style? What winter tires are the best match for my particular car? What winter tires are the best match for the road surfaces in my area. Will I be taking more or fewer long trips than usual this winter? How much do I have to spend? Where should I buy them? Who's advice should I trust?

Ideally, I would want different tires (and probably different cars) for snowy roads, icy roads, wet roads, and dry roads. But that's just not practical. How do I find the winter tire with the best BALANCE of performance characteristics? Even after all my research, the purchase will end up being a leap of faith. Lots of pressure, because my life and others are likely to depend on it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: What is the BEST tire?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.