Hakka 10 LT v. Scorpion AT on 2000 Jeep GC Laredo 4WD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Clark on October 07, 1999 at 01:25:10:

I'd like to try either (or, if necessary, both) Hakka 10 LTs or Scorpion ATs on a 2000 V8 Grand Cherokee, mainly for the experience of using these likely pretty good tires.

We currently pull an 1800-pound, high-clearance travel trailer with a 92 Pathfinder over Colorado passes as well as very aggressively off road. Not much time spent in 4th or 5th. (And the come-along stays in the car all winter.)

I'd rather try the Nokian tire. Problem is, the Jeep wants a 245/70R16 on its 7" rims, whereas the Nokian tire is offerred in 225/75(at 6") and 245/75(7"). The smaller tire on 7" rims, for offroad use, is unthinkable. The larger tire is about 3.2% oversize -- but it has a 17/32 tread depth.

So, given our experience with a pokey tow vehicle, is 3.2% too much of a mismatch? Will the 245/75 fit the wheelwell? Will it fit the wheelwell with *tight* chains, if needed for mud? What tread depth should be considered EOL -- I'm thinking that the 3.2% goes to maybe 1.8% at EOL, no?

Maybe we should choose the 245/70 Pirellis and get it right. What would you do? t i a

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Hakka 10 LT v. Scorpion AT on 2000 Jeep GC Laredo 4WD

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.