Re: Re: Re: reversing the rims

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by this was Mr P's real question on October 04, 1999 at 15:08:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: reversing the rims posted by Mr. Parsegian on September 27, 1999 at 16:35:38:

Mr P Your e-mail is bad. Please post your correct e-mail so we can answer your real question.

Are you trying to tell us people are walking out to their car , jack it up, take the tire/wheel assy off, reverse it so that what was on the outside is now facing the inside, and remount the assy back on the car ? This would meet the words you used "reversing"
I don't think this is realistic or really posible and I don't think anyone in their right mind would do this.

If you meant to take a steel wheel, cut the center out and re-weld it back in at a different location with a large negative offset, that is a different matter which has been answered in another note. People don't (or shouldn't as was done in the 50's ) "reverse" their wheels. Some wheel manufactures do make wheels which have the look of reversing. The correct terminology or correct question should have been....

"Is it acceptable to use wheels with large negative offset when not designed by the original vehicle manufacturer and are there negative consiquenses to wheels, suspension or tires if such wheels are used."

What we have here is a failure to understand the basic question due to lack of completeness in the question and different understanding of some words you chose to use.
Want to try again? or have David & I answered your questions this time?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: reversing the rims

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.