Re: Re: Need Help on Michelin roadhandler T Plus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Stewart on June 09, 1999 at 12:13:54:

In Reply to: Re: Need Help on Michelin roadhandler T Plus posted by Robert Hanson on June 02, 1999 at 19:48:52:

The Michelin Roadhandler T Plus is identical (except for tread pattern and sidewall markings) to the Michelin X-One. I have a set on my wife's Windstar and am quite well pleased with them.

I did very lengthy and careful research on the RoadHandlers before I bought them to be sure of my facts. Even though the Sears autocentre told me that they were, in fact, X-One's, I didn't believe them until I talked to my brother-in-law who is one of the shift managers in Michelin's Waterville, Nova Scotia plant where these tires are made. He said that the construction (ie: carcass, bead, belts, EVERYTHING) is identical. The only difference is the tread design and the sidewall markings. Therefore, if you can get a better deal at the Sears Auto Centre than X-One's are priced elsewhere then go for it without reservations.

If you look at the brochure for the Michelin X-One, side-by-side with Sears' brochure on the Roadhandler T Plus, much of the wording (like the tires!) is identical.

FWIW,

Eric
Ottawa, CANADA

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Need Help on Michelin roadhandler T Plus

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.