Re: Re: Re: Explorer - Michelin vs Goodyear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carlos on May 06, 1999 at 12:03:53:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Explorer - Michelin vs Goodyear posted by Mark on May 06, 1999 at 11:04:29:

Mark
I am just a driver. I average about 25 to 30,000 miles a year and over the years have tried many different brands of tires. I also have owned Corvettes for over 20 years and have shopped for good high performance tires. It always seems that I end up liking Michelin better then any other brand overall. I have driven on Pirellis, Goodyears, Goodrich, Ryken, Dunlop, General, Big O, Firestone, Bridgestone, Uniroyal and a few I can't remember. I was driving on radial tires when less then 5% of the tires on cars were radials (on a Corvette which was very rare!) Radial tires were invented in Europe and only two manufacturers hold the original patents on them (Michelin pioneered the radial) all other tire manufacturers are producing them under Michelin or Pirelli patents. There is no true American radial. Or Japanese for that matter. Michelin uses steel and Pirelli nylon, so it's a matter of preference. Out of all the tires I have driven on, Michelin comes out on top. I have raced my Vetts and I have driven off road with my 4x4's. I have never worked for a tire company or tire store, just adding my two cents from experience.
What do you drive and how many miles a year do you drive? How many years have you been driving and what tire brands have you owned?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Explorer - Michelin vs Goodyear

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.