Re: Re: Re: To all using this BBS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steel on April 02, 1999 at 00:15:09:

In Reply to: Re: Re: To all using this BBS posted by carlos on April 01, 1999 at 16:30:48:

To add a bit...Z's and V's tend to be softer comppounds, which means better handling and usually shorter treadlife. In addition, Z's and V's usually have stiffer sidewalls to be able to handle the higher speeds...which in turns helps handling just like a stiff suspension does. But in the end, what carlos said is right on...my car had T rated tired on it when i got it, which were technically rated too low for it....but they were fine, and I never beat my car hard enough to push into the danger zone. So if you don't commute in triple digits, don't need super top cornering (which by the way, could also be improved if you went +1 or +2 in tire size) and actually want a bit of a softer ride found in lower speed tires....
So I hope that helps a little more...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: To all using this BBS

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.