Re: Re: Tires for '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mark on November 18, 1998 at 11:10:38:

In Reply to: Re: Tires for '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE posted by Ken Keyes on November 03, 1998 at 15:53:57:

P metric radials or anything with the P in the size is a passenger car tire!!! IT IS NOT/WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR AN SUV OR A TRUCK!!! they do not have the sidewall stiffness for load or offroad bruise/impact resistance. anyone telling you otherwise either does not know or is trying to sell you something. i am advising a friend with a Isuzu Trooper II to go with the Dunlop Rover All Terrain. rated at 60k with an advised 45k realistic expectation. while i do not have a 97, i do drive an 87 pathfinder. my tire of choice is the B.F. Goodrich Radial All Terrain. I am on my second set will no complaints. They are a long wearing tire, 45k on first set. They are not very noisy or harsh. they are moderately priced, but shop around--varies widely. you should pay about 100 to 120 each installed tax, all fe
es also with warranty. They are also very good in the snow and offroad in leaves, mud and rivers. with the C load rating, (which is an absolute must!!!), handling is optimum due to the stiff sidewall (the C load rate.) Purchase no tires without the C load rate or better (D, E, F, etc.) otherwise, they are a passenger tire and will negate all i have said above! a P235/75R15 is a passenger tire (P), the same looking/size tire of LT235/75R15 is a light truck, C load rated tire(LT.) i am biased towards the Goodrich AT but if you do most/all of your driving on road, look into the BF Goodrich Trail TA. This is a good all season tire. better life and quieter, but still ok in snow and offroad. good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Tires for '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.