Re: General Tires--Tread Separation

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by vickie geiger on July 05, 1998 at 12:24:14:

In Reply to: General Tires--Tread Separation posted by Kevin Fiur on February 03, 1998 at 16:33:05:

My husband and I bought a 93 Buick LeSabre in Sept. 1993. I understand the general tires that were on the car when we got it were generals second to the top of the line. we do not have some self sealing properties that the top of the line has. Sorry I do not know the name of the tires. We are visiting relatives and are not driving the car. However, we have replaced 3 of the four tires due to breaking belts. two were replaced under warranty. however, the last one was outside of the 4 year warranty. at the time we learned of the broken belt, the tire had already started to separate. luckily it did not separate completely and cause a major accident. The general tire dealer said when the tire comes apart it would have taken out the wheel well.

I planned on letting general tire know how lousy their tires are. i have also started telling friends relatives and anyone else know that the tires are dangerous.
We have owned several cars over the years and have purchased numerous tires too. Never and i repeat never have we ever had such lousy tires as we have had from general.
Hopefully, when i get home, i can find the type of tire and will be able to locate you again when i do a search for general tires again on the net. let me know the scoops. of course i will be reading the replys you have received so far. it will be interesting to note if others have experienced the same problems we have.

Sincerely,
Vickie Geiger

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: General Tires--Tread Separation

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.