Mazda MX-6 LS tire recommendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marc C. on June 17, 1998 at 09:36:04:

I can't figure this car out (or for that matter, why I ever traded in my '87 Prelude SI
for this thing). It's a V-6 and has decent power, but it's too small to be a sedan and
doesn't handle good enough to be a sporty car such as the Prelude, Integra, Celica, etc.
But I digress...

After blowing through 2 Pirelli P4000 Super Touring tires in around 18,000 miles (close
to zero tread), I replaced the fronts with Michelin XGTV4's. I wish I knew about
Autopedia before I bought them, as I haven't heard many good things about them.

I'm about to replace the other pair of P4000's, and I was wondering if I should just
get 2 more XGTV4's or try something else. The XGTV4's now have around 9,000 on them
and they've hardly worn at all.

According to the Tire Rack, there are lots to choose from in the stock size (205/55/15),
including Yokohama AVS-I, BG Goodrich Comp T/A AR, Dunlop SP Sport 8000, and
Bridgestone Potenza RE92. I'd appreciate any recommendations on the XGTV4 or these
or other choices.

Thanks,

Marc

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Mazda MX-6 LS tire recommendations

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.