Re: Snow tires for 96 Civic

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bikor on November 05, 1999 at 16:26:07:

In Reply to: Snow tires for 96 Civic posted by Mark on October 30, 1999 at 11:46:21:

What sort of typical driving conditions? Budget requirements? Most any snow tire will give you improved snow and ice traction over all-season tires.

Be sure to put tires on all 4 wheels. I drove with snows on just the front wheels for a couple years. The tail would rip loose on occasion and give me a millisecond to count my blessings. Generally, this arrangement is ok for 0-30 mph town driving, but dicy on the highway. I blame that 2 snow tires condition on a couple of horrible occassions of skidding across ahighway with new fallen snow at about 45 mph, cranking the wheel only to overcorrect and skid the other way for a while. Stayed out of the ditch though. The second time, out of control and guaranteed to hit the ditch, I decided to stomp the ABS - at least I would hit at a lower speed. The car stopped right at the edge of the shoulder, where little blades of grass stubble poked out of the snow.

Now I drive with them on all 4. :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Snow tires for 96 Civic

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.