Kelly Springfield collapse

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stan on November 22, 1997 at 00:36:48:

Placed four new Kelly Springfield tires on 1993 Paseo. Two weeks later - about 200 miles on tires - a rear tire suddenly collapsed. Vehicle was traveling straight at 60 mph on freeway. Ri m cut inside sidewall from tire while outside wall was undamaged. Vehicle sustained damage to paint around tire well and rear plastic bumper was torn by tire carcass.
Damage to vehicle estimated between $500 & $800 by body shops.

Tire was returned to Kelly Springfield for inspection. They found that the tire failed because it was driven on underinflated for "some period of time." The tire gave no indication visually or by driving characteristic that it was low.

The tire dealer says it's a problem between me and the manufacturer. The road hazard policy I bought doesn't cover this loss. I lost a new tire, have a damaged vehicle and no one is responsible.

My regard for Kelly Springfield (aka Goodyear) collapsed along with their tire.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Kelly Springfield collapse

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.