Re: How do you like your Michelin Energy MXV4s?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Barret on November 04, 1999 at 21:11:10:

In Reply to: How do you like your Michelin Energy MXV4s? posted by Ken on November 03, 1999 at 19:15:55:

They also come stock on BMW 740IL and I agree with Ken.... they absolutely suck in wet weather and snow. If all your driving is dry then they are great but they hydroplane really easy and offer little to no snow traction, quite confusing considering their tread pattern.

I drove a set for about 40k and could not wait to get rid of them. I went with Yokohama AVS S4 and have been quite satisfied so far (about 3k). The sidewalls on the Yokohama are also a little softer which leads me to believe they may wear a little quicker. If you want to stick with Michelin maybe the 6000 or 7000 is better but the Yokohama are def. worth a look.
ps: they only cost about $75ea. vs. about $120 ea.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: How do you like your Michelin Energy MXV4s?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.