Re: Tire novice needs help for BMW 325is

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stefan on November 21, 1997 at 12:15:08:

In Reply to: Tire novice needs help for BMW 325is posted by Stacy on November 21, 1997 at 11:24:14:

Hi stacy! welcome to tire world... Well, i would suggest staying away from the General tire, not just because it is the cheapest, but if you study the older entrys in this newsgroup, you will see that they typically have poor life (low miles b-4 they wear out) and not very good handling. I think the Pirelli or Yokahama would be a better choice. Where did you get the pricing? Usually most tire stores have a "Price Guarantee" which means they will beat the other guys price. I suggest you check out www.tires.com and www.tirerack.com they will be competitive in the pricing. (mail order tires).
If you need an ad to bring to the tire store, get a recent copy of Road&Track, or Car&Driver. I just bought a set of Pirelli P6000Sport Veloce tires thru Sears, and paid $75 per tire. This is the smae price as the places i mentioned above. Sears wanted $96 each. so, well good luck!

Stefan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tire novice needs help for BMW 325is

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.