Re: Hakka-Q km/mi wear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff on November 04, 1999 at 10:58:16:

In Reply to: Hakka-Q km/mi wear posted by Elizabeth on November 04, 1999 at 10:22:50:

I don't know about the Q, but I've heard the Hakka 1 is a very long lasting tire. One retailer I spoke to said he's seen people get 5 seasons out of them.
Of course you must realise that no km info was given, and that they might have only driven a few thousand km per season, The actual life you will get depends
on a great number of factors, but most importantly: don't drive on them too long in the spring. Your husband is right, in that the compounds used to make
winter tires are soft, and thus will wear quickly (even quicker if the weather is warm). Your husband is wrong in being cheap, one of the main reasons I'm
going to buy some good winter tires is that my wife and kids will be riding around on them.

p.s. stay away from Blizzaks, most people I've spoken to say they are good for one season only.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Hakka-Q km/mi wear

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.