Re: Re: Re: tread pattern on high perfomance tires ? good or bad ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ted on November 03, 1999 at 14:30:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: tread pattern on high perfomance tires ? good or bad ? posted by ken on October 30, 1999 at 14:11:49:

I have the AVS S4 VR15 205x60 on a 98 Accord sedan and i love them. They have performed very well at higher speeds and are much quieter and better handling than the michelin mxv4 energy plus in dry and wet. They are supposed to be above average in winter but i have had no snow trials yet.

ps: going H is not always cheaper. the Yokohama AVS S4 V is cheaper (about half) than the Michelin Energy Plus H and on average i have found the pirelli and yokohama tires to be less expensive than the michelins, but they don't seem to last as long. also, if the manuf put on V tires there was prob a good reason whether it be the automobile rated top speed or the vehicle curb weight and it might be wise to stay with that rating. JM2C...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: tread pattern on high perfomance tires ? good or bad ?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.