Re: Re: Which winter tire?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by neal on October 25, 1999 at 13:16:07:

In Reply to: Re: Which winter tire? posted by Wes on October 25, 1999 at 09:23:01:

Hopefully the
"hot rod" man will go away and get a life!! Its people like this who defeat the whole purpose of having this BBS with their "hillbilly humour".
My opinion - having used the Guardex 600 on my sedan,
the problem with them was that they are not good on snow and slush - but they are amazing on ice! In toronto we get more slush/snow so that tire is not one I would buy again. It did have good dry pavement wear and did last for very long (4 years).
The Hakka Q's - I am currently comparing Hakka 1's vs. Hakka Q's as that is the next winter tire choice for me. The Hakka sales mgr for toronto told me that while the Q is an amazing tire the 1 has better stability at higher speeds. Also from what I have read here, and elsewhere it seems that the Q is more of an ice tire (like Yoko). If you scroll down this BBS someone posted a msg saying that the 2 tests the Q failed were lateral traction and slush. So again it really depends on what winter conditions you drive in.
Read all the posts in the BBS on Hakka tires - you will then be able to form an educated opinion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Which winter tire?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.